We’ve got a new feature here on the Love in the Kitchen blog- we asked some of our all time fave peeps and superheroes the same five questions and asked for their heartfelt responses. The result? A super sweet glimpse into the inner workings of some of our UnDiet vibrant living rockstars! The questions will not change, though we can only imagine how the answers will. FUN!
You must know Josh Gitalis by now- he is our Clinical Nutrition Superhero (among other things) and all around superstar. We asked him to answer our Five Qs we love to ask and he happily obliged. Enjoy this little sneak peak into the world of Josh- and yes, the photo above correlates perfectly with his desert island response. Coincidence? I think not.
1. What is your fave breakfast?
Cocoa-Maca French Toast. It’s made with ezeikiel or gluten-free bread and raw cacao and raw maca powder mixed with the eggs. Then sprinkled with ground flax, chia, and goji berries finished with a maple syrup and flax oil mixture. With either a Dandy blend, chaga, reishi, astragalus, cordyceps, gojiberry, hempseed elixir or green tea.
2. What daily ritual is non-negotiable for you?
Exercise. I once heard a quote; “you can exercise 1-hour per day or be dead 24 hours per day”. I choose the hour.
3. What is one of the most pivotal decisions you have ever made?
The most pivotal decision I’ve ever made was to sign up for nutrition school. It has lead me on an invaluable path of personal discovery. It gave me the foundation for becoming proficient at helping others achieve optimal health. And it is where I met my soon to be wife.
4. If you were stranded on a desert island and could only bring three things, what would they be and why?
- A wild foods foraging book so I could find foods that are safe to eat
- A knife or cleaver (I'm very practical). If it were a desert island there would most likely be coconuts which have both food and utility.
- A phone so I could talk to my friends and family to see how they are doing
(Editor's note: Surprised he didn't take his awesometown Digestive Bitters- they would help him support healthy digestion on that desert island of his!)
5. If you could have any superpower (that you don't already possess, that is) what would it be and why?
I would want to be able to fly. I’ve always wanted this superpower ever since I was a little kid. I’ve always been enthralled by heights. I would seek out activities to satisfy this hunger. I’ve always enjoyed summiting a mountain. Rock climbing has taken me to places only birds can access. My favorite sport of all-time is downhill skiing during which I spend much of my time in the air going off jumps and cliffs (safely of course). When I fly in a plane my face is glued to the window. I’ve always felt some sort of comfort being airborne.