The plan was to make super protein powered, grain-free black bean brownies. Somehow I ended up tasting the mix of "wet" ingredients and low and behold, I had come up with something absolutely unbelievably amazing.
This is crazy rich in protein. Where as we have pastuerized milk on our food pyramids, down in Brazil where they grow tons and tons, black beans get their very own quadrant. They are rich in folate- eat them mommas to be - fibre and happy vibing tryptophan.
Black beans also happen to be one of the richest food sources of molybdenum- a mineral essential for iron utilization, and enzyme function. That makes these brownies a little bit of a woman's best friend- whether perioding or preggers.
Yield: 6-8 Servings
- 3 ounces (or about 1 bar) Unsweetened Chocolate
- 2 cups black beans
- ½ cup pureed sweet potato
- 2 Tbs Coconut Oil
- ½ cup Coconut sugar
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 1 tbsp ground Chia + ¼ warm water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Melt chocolate over low heat or a double boiler.
- Place all ingredients, along with melted chocolate into high powered blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth.
- Chill in the fridge for 1 hr and serve.