Join Us In The Kitchen
Culinary Nutrition In Business Training Program
We have filled the spaces for the spring edition of the Culinary Nutrition in Business Training Program. Please feel free to apply following the instructions below and we’ll hold onto your application until the fall.
This is a unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience in running a culinary nutrition-based business. Every season offers new and exciting opportunities to learn and develop your skills in culinary nutrition and in business. Both here in the kitchen and at special events, you’ll be able to gain skills and experience that can help you successfully launch or re-ignite your own business.
This spring, you will have the opportunity to participate and gain hands-on training with some of the following opportunities:
- Recipe testing for a cookbook
- Custom meal preparation
- Assist in running live classes
- Logistics training around live events/conferences
- Attend corporate nutrition speaking events
- Assist in the running of the live CNE intensive that includes a Friday evening social event and four classes through the weekend
- Gain training in writing about nutrition
- Gain training in nutrition research
- Hone your editing skills for both mass media editorial content, and blog content
- Learn the backend systems and execution of an online e-commerce store
- Be on set and assist in prep/propping for the UnDiet Cookbook Photoshoot
- Learn behind-the-scenes strategies for video shoots and editing
- Learn the process for editing, testing and launching a new website (CulinaryNutrition.com)
- Put your nutrition knowledge to the test in the development of content for the new Academy of Culinary Nutrition
This is an ideal opportunity for someone with a keen interest in nutrition, cooking, a love for social media, and an interest in learning business skills that can be applied to your own business or for personal interest.
More about You and The Role
- You have experience in customer support and understand and can pick up technology basics quickly
- You work on a Mac, and have your own to use
- You’re excited about the idea of learning more about general health research, website updates , office management including filing, invoicing, supplier payments, general editing of blog posts, newsletters, recipes etc. and how you could apply this to your own professional goals
- You’re comfortable with processing transactions/credit cards etc.
- You’re super organized and can manage multiple projects at one time in a timely manner
- You’re interested in learning the stages of development of online programs, eBooks and Meal Plans
- You’re confident in the kitchen cooking the UnDiet way– gluten-free, organic, unpackaged
- You’re open to taking on any tasks that need to be done.
- You have a positive, healthy attitude to whatever may be thrown your way. This is really what having your own biz teaches you!
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 9:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Occasional evenings or weekends for special events (dates of such events are currently available)
We’re looking for someone who has:
- An honest and genuine interest in food and nutrition
- The ability to problem solve effectively, utilizing resources and people you know. Staying calm and keeping it from Meghan as much as possible is key!
- The ability to fulfill tasks in a timely manner
- The desire to be here and take this opportunity seriously
- The ability to voice concerns or confusion over tasks straight away
- The desire to show up and bring enthusiasm, honesty, openness and friendliness
- The desire to ask questions, make suggestions and make it happen
There is currently no fee to participate in our Culinary Nutrition Training Program. Our past trainees have gone on to have successful businesses of their own.
To Apply For The Training Program, please read carefully and send the following:
- Cover letter (in body of email). Please outline what you hope to get out of the training.
- Bio (in body of email)
- Links to a personal website/blog/Twitter etc if applicable (in body of email)
- CV (as PDF file attachment)
- Writing sample of any kind (as a PDF attachment or a link)
Send application to hello(at)meghantelpner(dot)com. No phone calls please.
We will be conducting interviews via Skype as soon as eligible applicants begin applying. Only those we wish to interview will be contacted.
Opportunity Description: Web Developer Extraordinaire (like super awesome!)
Meghan Telpner Inc. is committed to teaching individuals how to take charge of their own health. Our newest adventure is the further development of our e-learning platform, converting it into an online education resource called The Academy of Culinary Nutrition.
We are done with the old-school agency ways and want to bring someone on board who has a true passion for the work they do and enjoys breaking the rules, redefining stuff and wants to lead the way in this new digital education program.
We need someone awesome and will only contact those that we have a serious interest in working with. We are developing a complete online learning platform that offers course information with two-click purchase, a store with digital products, templated websites and directory for our course graduates and integration with an affiliate program. The second component is the e-learning platform that includes course content management.
We are looking for someone to be our in-house expert, to work with our agency and carry this project forward once the initial build is complete.
- Experience in e-commerce and/or membership/learning platforms
- Website architecture planning and wire-framing
- Create cross-browser compatible HTML/CSS templates to serve up the pages
- Built on a WordPress platform with customizations as needed (and fewer ready-made plugins)
- Scalable for increased users and/or courses
- Custom user interface for eLearning courses
- E-commerce experience
To Apply – email firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls please)
- Please send your online portfolio
- List of 2-3 references
- Your timezone/location
- Availability to commence work on this project
- Any preferred people you enjoy working with (designers etc.)
- Any further questions you have at this time