The most moist Spiced Apple-Carrot gluten-free muffin you’ll ever have.
- 3/4 cup brown rice flour
- 3/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, softened
- 1 organic egg
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup coconut milk or water
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated carrot (about 1 medium carrot)
- 1 cup apple, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 1 apple)
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
- Grease cake pan or line a muffin tin with coconut oil and dust with brown rice flour.
- In a large bowl, whisk all the dry ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all wet ingredients except for the grated carrot and cubed apple. Add to the dry ingredients, and stir until smooth.
- Add the carrots and apples and stir until just mixed – don’t go overboard.
- Pour batter into greased cake pan or muffin tin.
- For cake: bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- For muffins: bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the muffin comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Category: Breakfast