Boost your immunity and reduce your heart disease risk simply by slurping up this Coconut Miso Soup.
- 6 cups water
- ¼ cup fresh ginger, cut into match stick slices
- 4 carrots, sliced
- ½ red onion, chopped
- ½ cup broccoli, chopped into florets (use stems too)
- ½ cup red cabbage, shredded
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup tamari
- 1 cup organic coconut milk
- 2 sheets of nori, cut into thin strips about 2 inches long
- ¼ cup dried or ½ cup fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1/3 cup miso paste
- Place water, ginger, carrots, onion, broccoli and cabbage into pot, bring to a boil and let simmer for 5-10 minutes, until carrots are fork tender.
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice, tamari and coconut milk.
- Scoop out 1 cup of the broth and whisk with miso until miso paste has dissolved. Pour back into pot.
- Keep warm on low heat, but do not allow to boil.
- Serve garnished with nori and mushrooms!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Soup