A simple dip that goes well with your favourite crackers and crudites.
1 large eggplant
3 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp sesame tahini
2 Tbsp Olive oil
1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted (I toasted mine in a dry pan over medium heat)
2 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
1 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp chile powder (optinal)
- Preheat the oven to broil setting.
- Prick eggplant a few times.
- Place the eggplant on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes, until soft, and looking kind of toasty on the outside (skin may blacken a little).
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Cut the eggplant in half and scrape out the gooey inside
- Blend/process eggplant together with remaining ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- Add additional sea salt (or lemon juice) as needed.
- Enjoy on salad, in a wrap/sandwich or as a dip.
Keywords: babaganoush, babaganoush recipe, eggplant dip, eggplant