Love a good BBQ sauce without the additional preservatives or refined sugar? Whip up a batch of this Gluten-Free Barbecue sauce and you’ll never look back.
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 500ml jar tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp or more sambal olek or organic hot sauce (I use this one occasionally)
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup organic dijon or honey mustard
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or honey)
- 1/4 cup blackstrap molasses
- ½ tsp sea salt or more to taste
- Heat olive oil in a medium sauce pot over medium heat and then add the onions. Sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and saute for another two minutes.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and stir until combined. Reduce the heat to a low simmer and let it gurgle with love for 25-30 minutes, stirring often.
- Taste test your sauce and decide if you want more heat or sweetness to it.
- Remove from the heat and let sit to cool.
- Run the whole mix through your food processor or blender and mix until smooth. Transfer to jars, allow to cool completely, seal and store in fridge or freezer.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Condiments