A simple, grain-free, dairy-free snack or breakfast for toddlers
- 1 mango (about 2 cups coarsely chopped)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp ground chia
- 3 Tbsp grass-fed gelatin (I use Great Lakes)
- 2 medjool dates (see notes)
- 3/4 cup water or coconut milk
- Add mango, coconut oil, ground chia, gelatin and dates to blender. Add 1/4 cup of the water/coconut milk.
- Blend until smooth, adding more water/coconut milk as needed to get a smooth and creamy consistency. You don’t want it too thin or it won’t gel. Scrape down the sides as needed.
- Once thoroughly mixed, transfer to silicone ice cube maker (see my photo in post) or 125 ml mason jars and fill to about 1 inch thick.
- Place in the fridge and chill for 6 hours, or until set.
- Pop Jigglers out of the mold and transfer to a freezer friendly container. If using jars, allow Jigglers to set in the fridge before freezing
I have not tried a vegan version of this, so I cannot comment on how it would work.
I have tried this recipe with mango, 2 cups of blueberries, and mixed berries with great success. Aim to use a fruit that is flavourful and without a high water concentration.
If you want to use just 1 Tbsp of chia, cut water back to 1/2 cup.
If your little one is used to sweeten foods, you may want to start with three or four dates and use less each batch.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Category: Breakfast, Snack