- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup puréed winter squash
- 2–3 Tbsp ginger, grated
- 2 tsp coconut oil, divided
- 1 onion, diced
- 100g white shimeji mushrooms, sliced
- 150g crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tsp garam masala
- ½ teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup carrot, sliced thinly
- 1 cup red bell pepper, julienned
- 2 tomatoes, cut in bite-size pieces
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Blend the tomato sauce, coconut milk, squash puree and ginger until smooth.
- In a large wok, heat 1 tsp coconut oil over medium heat. Sauté the onions for 2-3 minutes until onions are translucent.
- Raise the heat to medium-high and add the cremini mushrooms and the shimeji. Sauté stirring frequently for 7-8 minutes. They should become very soft and slightly golden colored.
- Add the mix from the blender to the wok and the garam masala and salt and mix well. Transfer to a bowl and reserve.
- Use the same wok and over medium-high heat and add remaining 1 tsp coconut oil.
- Sauté the broccoli florets, sliced carrot, bell peppers and tomatoes. You want to sauté them separately from the mushrooms and sauce to keep them crunchy till you serve. Remove the veggies from the wok and set aside.
- When you are ready to serve, return the liquid mixture to the wok and add the lime juice. Check and adjust the flavour.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins