An easy recipe you can make with your favourite veggies.
- 1 cup dry quinoa (rinsed)
- 2 cups water
- 2 Tbsp gluten-free tamari
- 2–3 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 inch fresh ginger root, grated
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2–3 leaves of kale, finely chopped
- 1 large sweet potato, grated
- 2 eggs
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook quinoa in water for 15-20 minutes all water is absorbed.
- While grains are cooking, saute onion, garlic and ginger in sesame oil and tamari over medium heat until softened (about 8 mins), then add celery and carrots.
- Once grains are cooked, mix in grated sweet potato and finely chopped raw kale.
- Add in two eggs and pinch of sea salt and mix thoroughly.
- Take parchment paper and cut into circles to line a muffin tin. You could also use muffin cups.
- Using a 1/2 cup measure, scoop out the mixture and place in parchment-lined muffin tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Quin-iches should feel firm to the touch. Depending on your oven, you may want to give them an extra 5 minutes.
- Switch oven to broil for 3-5 minutes to add some extra crispy to the tops.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool. Remove from tin, discard parchment and serve warm or at room temperature.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
Keywords: quinoa, breakfast, egg cups, breakfast quinoa cups, veggies, gluten-free, dairy-free