A delicious dairy-free homemade caramel fudge chocolate bar.
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 8 medjool dates, pitted
- 2 Tbsp cashew butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/3 cup dark chocolate chunks (about 70-80% dark chocolate)
- In a double boiler or over low heat, melt the chocolate together.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and stir in cashew butter and honey.
- Transfer to a parchment lined glass dish (about 8″ x 10″- slight smaller than your standard 9 x12 Pyrex. You can also use a square dish). Press flat. You may want to lay a layer of parchment over top to really press out evenly.
- Place in freezer to chill for 10 minutes.
- In your food processor, combine ground almonds, tahini and honey until evenly mixed.
- Remove tray from freezer and layer the nougat over top of the fudge. Return the tray to the freezer.
- Place all ingredients in your high speed blender or food processor and mix until smooth.
- Remove tray from freezer and layer the caramel over the nougat. Place back in the freezer for one hour.
- Remove dish from freezer and let sit for 5 minutes to soften slightly.
- Over a double boiler or low heat, melt chocolate chunks. Set aside.
- Using a sharp knife, cut chocolate filling into even squares, or whatever shape you desire.
- One by one, dip and roll in the melted chocolate and set on parchment paper. Repeat with each square.
- Once complete, set in freezer for 30 minutes to harden.
- Serve chilled.
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Dessert