What super fun I had on the show with Steven and Chris, and also loved that the Meghan Inc. core team, Jaclyn and Maeve, were front and centre in the audience and got loads of camera time!
I kicked it on the show, sharing some of my favourite fall sippable favourites from my book. This interview was so fun. The guys LOVED my book and you can tell (that's why they are giving away a copy!)
If you watch the segment and enjoyed it, please let our friends at Steven and Chris know and tweet it up!
Steven, Chris and I had so much fun that I will be heading back into the studio to tape two more segments before I take off on my four-month pretirement. For those of you who watched the segment, here are the three recipes we used from UnDiet. And check out the full segment below!
Photo by Catherine Farquharson
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 cups (1 L) water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 tsp cardamom seeds
- 2 tsp whole cloves
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 tsp fresh ginger root, grated (1 tsp dried)
- raw honey to taste
- Place all spices in a medium saucepan.
- Add water and cover.
- Allow to simmer on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain into mugs
- Add raw honey to taste.
- 1 cup (250 mL) of nuts and seeds of choice (almond, cashew, hemp, hazelnut, sunflower, or sesame, or a combination of a few)
- 3 cups (750 mL) water
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract, or the center of one vanilla bean
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Irish moss (optional, to thicken)
- raw honey, coconut nectar or maple syrup to taste
- Soak nuts and seeds in cold water for 2 to 6 hours, or overnight.
- Drain and rinse.
- Place nuts and seeds in blender with water and mix until smooth.
- Pour mixture through strainer or nut sack and allow milk to drain into bowl. If using a strainer, use a spoon to help press milk through.
- Rinse blender container and return milk to it. Add vanilla, Irish moss, and raw honey, coconut nectar or maple syrup, and blend until smooth
- Keep refrigerated for 3–4 days and frozen for 2-3 months.
- 3 cups yogi tea or other herbal tea blend
- ½ cup nut or seed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla bean
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2–3 tbsp unprocessed raw cocoa
- 5 organic fair trade coffee beans
- raw honey to taste
- Place tea, nut/seed milk, vanilla, cocoa, coffee beans, Irish moss, and raw honey in a blender and mix.
- Pour mix through strainer to remove any coffee bean grounds.
- Sip, sip away while writing your farewell letter to your formerly fave coffee shop.
WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE HOT AND STEAMY COLD WEATHER BEVERAGE? FEEL FREE TO SHARE RECIPES OR LINKS BELOW.