Mesquite? Yes friends. Get to know. Get to love it!
- Highly effective for blood sugar balance, making it an awesome ingredient to use in sweeter treats and smoothies. Its form of fructose does not require insulin for metabolism.
- Because mesquite powder is ground from the entire pod, including the seed, it is high in protein (11–17%).
- Its got this caramel-y molasses flavour that is awesome in cookies.
Miss Mia agreed. While her parents were out for their morning exercise, Mia’s grandma and grandpa fed her mesquite cookies for breakfast.
Now if that doesn’t sell you on this winner… well, it will. So no sense contemplating otherwise.
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup mesquite powder
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Take about 2 Tbs of dough and roll in a ball and then flatten.
- Lay out on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake about 10 minutes, until aromatic and slightly browned at the edges.
- Allow to cool to get the crunch in.
- Prep Time:10 mins
- Cook Time:10 mins
Now, I would LOVE to spread this cookie loving. Send me your variations with a pic or two!
What is your secret weapon cookie ingredient?