- Chocolate Black Bean Brownies
- 3 ounces (or about 1 bar) Unsweetened Chocolate
- 1/2 cup black bean flour
- 3/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup organic instant coffee or Dandy Blend
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground allspice
- 2 Tbs Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup Coconut Sugar
- 2 cups black beans
- 1/2 cup pureed sweet potato
- 1/4 cup Raw Honey
- 1 egg or 1 tbsp ground Chia + 1/4 warm water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Coat and 8 inch square pan with coconut oil and powder with flour.
- Melt the chocolate over low heat or use a double boiler.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl
- Combine all wet ingredients in your food processor or high powered blender.
- Add the melted chocolate and combine until smooth- should be creamy, not too dry.
- Mix wet ingredient mix into the dry.
- Add water if needed for desired consistency.
- Pour batter into the pan, smooth it out with a spatula and bake it for about 35-40 minutes.
- Insert a tooth pick in to make sure cooked through, they should be firm when you press down.
- Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
- Category: Baked Goods