A simple three ingredient chocolate dessert.
- 1 Dark Chocolate Bar. Get the highest percentage of cocoa you can find.
- 1–2 Tbs Coconut Oil, cold pressed, unrefined.
- 8–10 fresh figs, washed and dried
- Place large pot of water and turn oven on to a medium heat. Place smaller pot inside the larger one.
- Add chocolate and coconut oil to smaller pot and stir gently as it melts. This gets tricky. If it stays on the heat too long, it will get chunky. The same happens if water gets in. If that happens you’ll be forced to eat this batch of chocolate and start over. There are worse things.
- As soon as chocolate is melted and thoroughly mixed with coconut oil, holding the fig by its stem, start dipping!
- Place dipped figs on parchment lined plate. Once all the figs have been dipped, place in the freezer to set. Will take about 20 minutes and can then be stored in the fridge.
Optional Add Ons
If you want to fancy your figs up, you can roll dipped figs in your choice of finely chopped pistachios, slivered almonds, coconut or a favourite topping of your choice.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Dessert