A delectable chocolate treat packed with flavour.
For the Chocolate
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp raw honey
- 2 tsp maca powder (optional)
For the Filling
- 3 Tbsp dried raisins
- 3 Tbsp dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup rum (optional)
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 Tbsp dried coconut, ground in coffee grinder
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a bowl, mix together the water and rum and place dried fruit into liquid mixture. Let sit for 20 minutes to 1 hour.
- Once rehydrated, drain the fruit from the liquid and place fruit in a food processor with coconut and cinnamon. Process together until well mixed.
- Over low heat, melt together the coconut oil, honey, maca and cacao powder. You need this only warm enough that the goods melt together.
- Using a muffin tin, pour about 1/2 – 1 Tbsp of chocolate into each cup.
- Place in freezer for 5-10 minutes or until solid.
- Remove chocolate from freezer and form small little patties of the fruit mixture and gently place over first layer of chocolate in the muffin cup.
- At this point, you may need to reheat the chocolate mix, do so just until it is pourable again.
- Gently spoon chocolate into each compartment until fruit mix is covered fully.
- Return to freezer to allow chocolate to set.
Prep Time: 20 minutes, plus soaking fruit time
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
Keywords: chocolate, chocolate rum, chocolate cups, chocolate cranberry, chocolate cranberry blossoms, dairy-free