A simple recipe for a quick and easy satisfying snack or dessert.
For the Macaroons
- 3 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 serving* Natural or Vanilla Fermented Vegan Proteins+
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1–2 Tbsp maple syrup
For the Chocolate Dip
- 50g unsweetened organic/fair trade baker’s chocolate
- 2 Tbsp cashew butter
- 1–2 Tbsp honey (or maple syrup if you want to keep them vegan- taste for sweetness)
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place all macaroon ingredients except maple syrup in the food processor and mix until evenly blended. Add honey/maple syrup 1/2 Tbsp at a time until desired sweetness is achieved. You may need to stop and scrape down the sides as you mix.
- On a parchment lined cookie sheet, roll out about 1 1/2 Tbsp of the mix into tight balls. Gently place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes until lightly browned. Place in fridge to cool.
- While the balls are cooling, over low heat, melt together the chocolate, cashew butter, honey and coconut oil.
- Remove macaroons from fridge and one at a time, dip the bottom half into the melted chocolate. Place back on parchment. Once all macaroons have been dipped, put back in the fridge to set.
- Serve slightly chilled. Can keep in the fridge, in a sealed container for one week.
* If you wish to add more protein, please add an additional half tablespoon of coconut oil for every one tablespoon of protein powder. You can add up to three additional tablespoons of protein powder.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 8 mins
- Category: Snack / Dessert