- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped or minced
- 2 carrots, sliced into thin rounds
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 cup green beans, cut to 1? pieces
- 2 cups okra (about 12–16 pods), sliced into 1? pieces
- 3 cups spinach, coarsley chopped
- 5 cups water (or stock)
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1 can / 14 oz full fat organic coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or more to taste
- Heat oil in soup pot and add onion, garlic, carrots, celery, green beans and okra.
- Cook for about five minutes until soft. Add a little water if gets sticky.
- Add water, cayenne, and spinach. Bring to a boil and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and sea salt to taste.
- Options: You can puree this soup, keep it chunky or blend half to thicken and leave some veggies chunky.
- Serve hot!