We've all had that experience where we make what we think is a perfectly balanced meal, nutritionally speaking, and have definitely eaten enough, but then still find ourselves opening the cupboards after dinner, looking for that extra something-something.
There is a reason for this, and it is remarkably simple. It all comes down to the simple strategy of flavour balance.
To explain how we can easily shake our post-meal snacking habits, curb those cravings and truly feel satiated, I brought in one of my fave expert chefs and dear friend Carol Belmonte, owner of the famed Toronto raw food and juice boutique Belmonte Raw.
Carol makes some of the best raw food I have ever tasted, masterfully balancing the flavours to create meals that are truly satisfying. And now I know all her secrets, and you will, too!
In today's episode, Carol shares with us:
- The ultimate secret to balancing flavours.
- The foods we can use to easily achieve this balance.
- An amazing (I'm talking new staple in fridge) salad dressing recipe.
- Interesting points on how much of various flavours we should be using.
- She uses an ingredient that I never, ever use -- so there's that, too.
Watch this one -- it will change the way you flavour everything you eat from now on!
If you are digging in on these Culinary Nutrition tips, you might be interested in the Academy of Culinary Nutrition's Culinary Nutrition Training Program. Check out all the details here.
Carol's Ginger Sesame Dressing
- Place all ingredients into your blend and blend until smooth.
- Store in a mason jar in your fridge and use on everything.
Share your best tips and links to recipes below. Or just say whatever is on your mind. We like that too!