A simple crispy ginger cookie recipe that is dairy-free with a hint of extra ginger power using fresh grated ginger and crystallized ginger.
- 1 3/4 cups Gluten-Free Flour (I used 1 cup brown rice and 3/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill All Purpose Flour)
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup organic ghee or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg or 1 serving chia paste
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp fresh grated ginger root
- 1/3 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, starch, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the oil and sugar, and then mix in the egg, maple syrup, fresh ginger and crystallized ginger.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry until thoroughly mixed (you may need to use your hands) and then set in the fridge for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 340.
- Using 2 Tbsp of dough, roll out your cookies in your hands and press flat on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Repeat until all of the dough has been used up. You will need two cookie sheets or bake in two batches. If doing it in two batches, replace remaining batter in the fridge until you’re ready to bake.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Dessert