- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 cups full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp gelatin
- 6 125ml glass mason jars or ramekins
- In a small bowl, whisk together four egg yolks and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla, and nutmeg.
- Bring to a low simmer, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add 1/2 cup of the coconut milk mixture to the egg yolks and whisk briskly until well combined (about two minutes).
- Pour the egg yolk and coconut milk mixture into the pan and whisk until combined. Continue to whisk until mixture starts to thicken and coats your spoon (about 5 minutes).
- Transfer warm mixture to your high speed blender or food processor and mix in the gelatin.
- Pour mix into your mason jars or ramekins and transfer to the fridge to chill for at least four hours before serving.
Freeze This Snack For Later
These custard cups freeze really well. Just add the lids to your jars and once set in the fridge, transfer to your freezer. Remove from freezer about 30 minutes before you wish to enjoy.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Cuisine: Snack