Ditch the sugar and indulge in wholesome deliciousness with this nutrient-packed Veggie Powered Quinoa Bowl.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa, brown rice or cauliflower rice
- 2 cups water
Choose 5-6 of the following:
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 2 chopped chicken breasts, baked or stir-fried
- 1 cup broccoli, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup carrots, grated
- 1 cup spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds, toasted
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
- Flax oil
- Lemon juice
- Apple cider vinegar
- Cook grain, beans and meat/chicken if using as desired.
- Prep the topping options that you will offer the family.
- Give each member of your family a bowl with about 1/2 to 1 cup of the quinoa/rice/cauli-rice and invite them to add the toppings of their choice (suggest at least 5).
- Let them season as they like.
- Sit down at the table, and enjoy together.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Entrees