Simple Double Chocolate Spices Cookies to enjoy on your own with a cup of tea or with a group of friends – with more tea!
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup almonds, ground into meal
- 2 Tbs arrowroot starch
- 1/2 cup Coconut Crystals
- 2 Tbs Dandy Blend
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup bakers chocolate or 1 100gram bar of 100% fair trade cocoa (we like the camino cocoa brand), coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs ground chia seeds mixed with 1/4 cup water (or 1 egg)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In one large mixing bowl, blend together all the dry ingredients except the chunky chocolate.
- Add the wet ingredients to your food processor or vitamix blender and blend just until smooth.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Add in chocolate chunks and again, mix until chocolate is evenly distributed.
- Using about 2-3 Tbs of batter, roll dough into balls and flatten with the palm of your hand.
- Lay cookies out on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Place in oven for 20 minutes.
- Once baked, allow to cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack. They will feel soft to the touch but will harden and stick together as they cool.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Dessert