- 1 cup raw walnuts, unsoaked
- 1 cup almonds, unsoaked
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 15 pitted dates, unsoaked
- 1/4 cup raisins or dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoal
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 Tbs coconut syrup
- 2 Tbs water
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut or 1/2 cup extra cocoa powder
For cake method: add 1 cup fresh strawberries
For the balls
- Place the nuts & salt in a food processor fitted with the S-blade and process until finely ground.
- Add the dates, cocoa powder, coconut syrup and vanilla.
- Process until the mixture starts to stick together. Add water as needed & process briefly.
- Using about 1 Tbs of mixture, roll into balls.
- Sprinkle coconut or extra cocoa out onto a plate or cookie sheet and roll balls through, giving them a light dusting.
- Keep refrigerated until serving, or even better- eat them right out of the freezer.
For Cake Method
- Follow the first two steps as outlined above.
- Thinly slice strawberries.
- Line a 6-8 inch (diameter) bowl with plastic wrap.
- Press layer of chocolate mix into bowl and then layer with strawberries.
- Repeat with another layer of chocolate mix followed by strawberries.
- Add the rest of the chocolate and press together.
- Easily tip the bowl upside down onto a serving plate and allow cake to rest on the plate.
- Sprinkle with coconut and decorate with strawberries.
- Chill for 1-2 hours. Bring to room temperature before serving.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Category: Dessert