A dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free and vegan Eggless Chocolate French Toast that anyone from the french toast lover or picky eater will enjoy.
- 4 slices gluten-free bread (I used Silverhills Chia Bread)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds, ground
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp raw cacao
- 1 tsp maca (optional)
- Pinch of sea salt
- Coconut oil or ghee for cooking
- Chopped seasonal fruit of choice
- Shredded coconut
- Maple syrup
- Coconut oil or ghee
- Defrost bread if needed. Set aside.
- Mix together ground chia, almond milk, cinnamon, cacao, maca and sea salt. Set aside for 20 minutes to thicken.
- Soak bread for 20 seconds or so on each side to coat evenly with chia mixture.
- Heat skillet to medium high, add oil or ghee and lay out 1-2 pieces of bread (however many will fit). Cook until sizzling slightly and browned, about 4-5 minutes. Flip and do the other side for another 4-5 minutes. Repeat with remaining bread.
- Serve hot with toppings of choice.
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Breakfast