A simple dairy-free, vegan fermented nut cheese recipe.
- 1 cup of nuts, soaked (almonds, cashews, and/or macadamia recommended)
- 1 acidophilus probiotic capsule + 3 Tbsp water
- 3 Tbsp pickle brine, kombucha or rejuvelac
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- herbs/flavours of choice
- Soak your nuts for 6-8 hours and then rinse.
- In your high-speed blender or food processor, combine nuts with probiotic and water, or brine. Mix until smooth.
- Transfer to your nut milk bag or cheesecloth and dehydrate on low for 24 hours or set on your counter for 36 hours.
- Once fermented, transfer to a bowl and mix in your flavourings of choice. Taste and adjust seasoning, but keep in mind that the flavour will become stronger as the cheese ages.
- Transfer to a sheet of parchment and roll into a log shape. Store in your fridge to age for 4-6 days wrapped in plastic wrap or sealed in an airtight container.
- Once it’s ready, transfer to a fresh sheet of parchment and enjoy within 4-5 days.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Category: Condiment