A moist and delicious gluten-free, dairy-free lemon poppyseed muffin with lemon cream frosting.
- Dry Ingredients
- 3/4 cup all purpose gluten-free flour (Bob’s Redmill)
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Wet Ingredients
- 1/3 cup apple sauce
- 2/3 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon’s worth)
- 10 drops lemon essential oil or 2 tsp lemon extract
- Add Ins
- 1 serving chia paste or 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp poppyseeds
- Preheat oven to 350F and line your muffin tin with unbleached liners.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl, food processor or blender, combine all wet ingredients.The lemon oil may foam up a little with the coconut oil. It’s okay!
- Once thoroughly mixed, add the wet ingredients into the dry and stir in the chia paste/egg, lemon zest and poppyseeds. Mix with a spatula until well mixed. It will bubble a little.
- Dollop your mix into the muffin tray and place in the middle of the oven. Bake for 25-30 mins. The top will brown slightly and a tooth pick will come out clean.
- Allow to cool before adding the optional frosting.
- Category: Dessert, Baking