The best gluten-free and dairy-free sweet potato gnocchi.
- 1 medium sized sweet potato, peeled and cubed (needs to make 3/4 cup of puree)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1/3 cup arrowroot starch
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- ghee, coconut oil or avocado oil for frying
- Preheat your oven to 350 and roast cubed sweet potato and garlic for 45 minutes.
- Once roasted, remove and allow to cool before transferring to a food processor and mixing until smooth.
- In a mixing bowl, combine together the pureed sweet potato and garlic, along with the brown rice flour, chickpea flour, arrowroot starch and sea salt. You may need to use your hands to get it mixed fully.
- Lightly dust counter surface and hands with brown rice flour. Separate about 1/3 cup of the mixture and roll into a 3/4 inch thick roll (see photo above for reference). Cut into 1 inch pieces. These are your gnocchi. Repeat until all of the mixture is used up.
- Use a small fork to imprint the top of the gnocchi.
- Bring a medium size pot of water to a boil. Add about 10-15 pieces to the water using a slotted spoon. Move them around a little to prevent sticking. Once they rise to the top, using the slotted the spoon remove from the water and place in a colander to drain. Repeat with remaining dough until all are cooked.
- Heat about 1 Tbsp of oil in your pan and pan fry gnocchi for 3-4 minutes on each side. This is an optional step but helps to brown them up and give them a bit of a crispy outside. Repeat until all of the gnocchi have been browned.
- They are now ready to serve with your favourite sauce.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Cuisine: Entree