A family-friendly gluten-free dairy-free recipe. Easy for batch prepping for a quick dinner or lunch.
Serving Size: 6.
- 2lbs of chicken (Roughly 6 boneless/skinless chicken thighs or medium chicken breasts)
- 2 cups cashews
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2–3 eggs
- 1/3 cup dijon mustard
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- Cut chicken into desired size pieces (I like nugget style, others prefer strips – the smaller the pieces, the more of the cashew crust you’ll need)
- In a food processor, combine together cashews, oregano, paprika, and sea salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs.
- Set up your tender making stations – with the egg mix, a small bowl of mustard with a basting brush, and a plate or shallow bowl for the cashew crust.
- With each strip of chicken, dip into the egg mixture, paint on dijon mustard, dip into cashew mix and lay on parchment lined cookie sheet. Repeat until all chicken has been coated.
- Bake for 20 minutes, cutting in to ensure chicken is baked through.
For batch prepping: Follow recipe as outlined. Once baked, allow chicken to cool fully and then transfer to a clean/dry cookie sheet to freeze. Once frozen, transfer to freezer safe container.
Egg-free Option: I made mine without eggs and instead used 1 Tbsp of ground chia mixed with 3/4 cup water. Egg is best but if there’s an allergy, this worked well.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Entree