The best gluten-free chocolate chip muffins.
- ¾ cup gluten-free brown rice flour
- ¾ cup gluten-free buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg or egg substitute (see below)
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Line muffin tin with liners (let’s aim for unbleached shall we?)
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the maple syrup, applesauce, egg, water, vinegar, oil and vanilla.
- Mix batter together.
- Add in the chocolate chips, gently folding the batter.
- Pour into muffin tin.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until the top is lightly browned and a toothpick, inserted into the centre comes out clean.
*Egg Substitute: 1 Tbs chia seeds, ground + ¼ hot water. Mix thoroughly and allow to sit for 10-15 mins until thickened
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Snacks