Gluten-free and dairy-free corn bread muffins using fresh corn and minimal sweetener.
- 1 cup all purpose gluten-free flour (or rice flour)
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil or ghee
- 2 cups fresh organic corn kernels (if using frozen, defrost and drain before adding)
- Preheat oven to 350 and line muffin tin with liners.
- Mix together flours, baking powder, baking soda, soda, salt.
- Mix in whisked eggs, applesauce, maple sryup, water, oil/ghee and mix until well blended.
- Stir in corn kernels.
- Scoop into lined muffin tin. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the top is lightly browned and a toothpick, inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Cuisine: Baked Goods