Paleo-friendly, gluten-free zucchini muffin.
- 1 3/4 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch
- 2 tsp psyllium powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup raw cacao or Elixir (optional)
- 3/4 cup grated zucchini
- 1/4 cup avocado oil or melted coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup blueberries and/or dairy-free chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin tin with unbleached muffin liners.
- In a bowl, combine almond flour, arrowroot starch, psyllium, salt and baking soda and cacao/Elixir if using. Use a fork to ensure dry ingredients are well-combined. Set aside.
- Place zucchini in a sieve or nut milk bag and gently squeeze out about 75% of the moisture. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and eggs. Ensure the mixture is well-combined.
- Pour liquid mixture along with zucchini and chocolate chunks and/or blueberries into the flour mix and with a spoon or spatula combine gently until evenly mixed.
- Transfer mixture by spoon into muffin tin and place in oven.
- Bake for 20–24 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Category: Snacks