An extremely easy and delicious gluten-free pizza crust recipe that is also egg-free, dairy-free, yeast-free and vegan.
- 1⁄2 cup chickpea flour
- 3⁄4 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup arrowroot flour/starch
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground psyllium husk
- 1 teaspoon ground sea salt
- 2 teaspoons ground coconut sugar (optional*)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup warm water
- Preheat oven to 450° and if using a baking stone, place it inside the oven.
- In a large bowl, sift together flours, psyllium, and arrowroot starch. Add salt and sugar and mix well.
- Once flours are mixed, add in the olive oil and warm water and mix throughly with a spatula.
- If making two pizzas (which is recommended in a home oven and with standard cookie sheets), split dough into two balls.
- Sprinkle a sheet of parchment paper with flour, and plop one ball of dough on top. Sprinkle with more flour so it’s not too sticky to touch. Add another sheet of parchment over top and roll out the dough to about 1/4 inch thick.
- Do the same with the second ball of dough.
- If you’ve had a pizza stone in the oven, using a second cookie sheet, mindfully transfer pizza crust on parchment onto pizza stone. I like to trim the extra parchment off from my pizza to avoid burning paper at this high temperature. If using a regular baking sheet transfer to the oven. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or once the edges start to brown slightly.
- Remove your first crust from oven, slip the second one in. While the second one is baking, add your toppings and bake for another 8-10 minutes, or until toppings are ready.
- Repeat with second pizza.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Dinner