A simple three ingredient recipe for a raw, gluten-free, all natural licorice snack.
- 2 cups of medjool dates
- 1.2 oz (34 grams) freeze dried strawberries, or another freeze-dried fruit
- 1/4 cup grape, cranberry, pomegranite, beet juice, or water (I used pure grape for this)
- Soak medjool dates in warm water until they rehydrate.
- Place all ingredients in your food processor or high speed blender and process until smooth,
- Transfer to a piping bag and squeeze out even rows (or make them wonky like me!) onto your non-stick dehydrator sheet.
- Place in the dehydrator at its middle-high setting and dehydrate for 12 hours. Remove and flip onto basic dehydrator sheet and replace in dehydrator for another 4-6 hours until dry to the touch and firm.
- Store in an airtight container or keep refrigerator if you’re in a humid climate.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 18 hours
- Category: Dessert