- ¾ cup gluten-free brown rice flour
- ¾ cup gluten-free buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup grated sweet potato
- 2/3 cup sweetener of choice: honey, maple syrup, agave (or mix and match!)
- 1 egg or egg substitute (see below)
- 1/3 cup apple sauce
- 1/3 cup milk substitute (or water)
- 1Tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/3 cup pecans (optional)
- 1 Tbs ground flaxseed + ¼ water
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Line muffin tin with liners (aim for unbleached)
- Mix together flours, baking powder, baking soda, soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Add the sweet potato, maple syrup, applesauce, egg, milk, vinegar, oil and vanilla.
- Mix batter together until fully incorporated.
- Add in the strawberries, gently folding the batter.
- Pour in to muffin tin, sprinkle on the pecans.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until the top is lightly browned and a toothpick, inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Mix thoroughly and allow to sit for 10-15 mins until thickened and use in step 4 above.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Baked Goods
Keywords: strawberry muffins, gluten-free, dairy-free, muffins, gluten-free muffins, sweet potato strawberry muffins