You’ll want to keep this one in your back pocket. Feel free to swap out the suggested pie filling for one of your favourites!
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour or all purpose gluten-free flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar/dry sweetener of choice
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil (or ghee if you love it)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- Lightly oil a 10 inch pie pan
- In a bowl, combine you flour blend, sea salt and sugar choice
- In a blender or large mixing bowl with wisk, combine oils, water, and cider vinegar
- Pour oil mixture into dry ingredients and get on in there with your hands until well mixed (but let’s not overdo it here). Dough will be a little moist.
- Divide dough in half and keep one half covered with a cloth (to keep it from drying out)
- Roll out the other half between two sheets of parchment.
- Carefully place the dough in the pie plate. (This may tear a little but it’s the underside so no one will see it anyway).
- Fill crust covered pie plate with peach/fruit mixture
- Roll out the second ball of dough and cover the pie, or cut into ribbons and lay across pie in alternating directions.
- Use your artful skills to pinch the edges how you like them.
- If covering the pie completely, make slits in the top of your pie to let the steam out.
- Chill pie in the freezer for 30 mins.
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- Bake the pie in the oven for about 45 minutes.
- Allow to cool and then dive in!
This pie filling and crust use minimal sweetener. If you are new to this kind of pie, you may wish to add more sugar to the mix.
- Category: Desserts