- 1 cup cassava, brown rice or oat flour
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 3 Tbsp ground psyllium
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup ghee or coconut oil
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup grated carrot*
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped*
- 1 cup grated zucchini*
- 1/3 cup minced onion*
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms*
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a cookie sheet with parchment.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together flour, psyllium, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt.
- Cut in ghee with a fork until completely mixed.
- Add warm water and cider vinegar and mix thoroughly.
- Add vegetables and fold in until fully integrated.
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, roll out 24-36 little balls of batter (about 2 Tbsp per ball).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until slightly golden and slightly firm when you give them a squeeze. Remove from oven and transfer to a cooling rack.
*Shortcut the prep by using a food processor either on the grater setting or pulse with the S-blade. The smaller the chop on your veggies, the smaller and tighter you can make your tots.
If you don’t want to spend the time to make them tot size, use about 1/4 cup of the batter and make them into veggie patties. Bake for 25-minutes.