Delicious grain-free crunchy flax crackers. Perfect to enjoy with your favourite dip.
- 1 cup flax seeds, soaked 2 hrs (or overnight) in 2-3 cups of water
- ½ red onion
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 1 tomato
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Strain flax seeds through a mesh sieve (some liquid will remain as flaxseeds will be thick and goopy – that’s totally okay)
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth.
- Spread out evenly over 3 or four dehydrator sheets – you can keep it thicker for more of a bread texture and thin for a crispy chip.
- Dry for 3 hours at 115, then peel off non-stick sheet and flip over.
- Dry for another 3-5 hours until dry and crispy.
- Store in an airtight container.
If you live in a humid climate, you may need to dehydrate them briefly just before serving if they have softened up more than you like.
I have never tried this in the oven. If you do, on the oven’s lowest setting, please post a comment and let me know how it works,
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Category: Snacks