A simple syrup made from grapefruit zest, turmeric root and ground cinnamon.
- 2 heaping Tbsp of chopped or grated grapefruit zest
- 1 Tbsp chopped turmeric root (or 1 tsp dried powder)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup water
- In a bowl, combine the grapefruit zest, turmeric and sugar. Using a wooden spoon or mallet, mash them together until the oils release.
- Transfer to a small pot, and stir in the water. Simmer on low for 10 minutes, until the sugar has fully dissolved and the mixture has thickened slightly.
- Remove from heat, and allow to cool before pouring through a fine mesh sieve. Discard the pulp.
- Will keep in a glass jar in the fridge for 2 weeks.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Cuisine: Beverage