A healthy plum sauce without added sugar.
- 6 medium plums
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 Tbsp tamari
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- Sweetener of choice as needed (optional)
- Slice plums in half and discard pits. Cut each half into about 6 chunks.
- Add plums, garlic, onion, ginger, tamari and chili flakes to a medium sauce pan and bring to a simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally.
- Bring to a low simmer and continue to stir every 8 minutes or so to keep from burning the bottom. Continue for 30 minutes or until plums have broken down and sauce begins to thicken.
- Using an immersion blender, or allow to cool and place in your blender or food processor, mix until smooth.
- If using sweetener, add a little at a time and continue blending until you reach desired sweetness.
- Pour into jars and keep in the fridge for up to 6 days, or freezer for future use.
Recipe will thicken slightly as it cools.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Condiment