When was the last time you took the time to smell the flowers? It is very easy to get caught up in all the details of healthy living- you know the whole balanced meal, daily exercise, pop the supplements thing. I’ll admit that I often fall victim to the day-to-day healthy living practices thing and fail to follow along with many of the emotional health stuff. The fun, if you will. The playing.
Let me ask you this... What is your favourite hobby? Do we even have hobbies anymore? We all need other things in our lives to create TOTAL health.
Here are some of my tips, from this post that I wrote a year ago about staying healthy that has nothing to do with what you eat.
Meghan’s Guide To Making Love Outside The Kitchen
Cry Over Spilled Milk
- When we keep it in we get sick. Emotions and feelings that are repressed, will end in illness in one form or another. We all have our inherent weaknesses but there is no need to find out what those weaknesses are. Talk it out, share feelings, and most importantly, be real about what you’re feeling.
Follow Your Gut and Make The Decision
- My friend Jay always says to me “When there’s doubt, there’s no doubt”. If we follow our instinct, we will never have to make another decision again in our life.
Create Solutions and Make Peace With Them
- We may choose to view ourselves as victims of circumstance but for the most part, we create our circumstance and therefore have the power to change it. Positive change results from positive action. Negative circumstance results from negative reaction.
A Cute Outfit Means Nothing If You Feel Like Shit
- We’ll spend more money on a consultation for colours to paint our walls than on consultations to resolve our health issues. People who hide from reality and pretend like everything is sunshiney, glossy and perfect all the time are those in the most pain. It’s okay to have bad days.
It Is What It Is
- Acceptance of ourselves- our appearance, our relationships, our health, our family, our friends… We must accept things just as they are. Refusing acceptance is the surest way to create our own suffering. If we can simply accept things as they are, we begin to eliminate negative emotions from our lives that include jealousy, envy, competition, criticism, destruction and dissatisfaction.
Laughter Is The Best Medicine
- When was the last time you had a good laugh? The kind where you can’t catch your breath and tears are rolling down your cheeks? If you can’t remember it has been way too long.
Another of my absolute fave things for helping me feel super powered healthy from top to bottom, is of course, meditation.
Question of The Day: What Activities Nourish You?