A simple homemade blueberry jam, naturally sweetened and no fillers.
- 4–5 cups wild blueberries or regular blueberries
- 1 cup of apple sauce (organic + unsweetened, or make your own)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup (or more to taste) sucanat or coconut sugar
- In a pot, combine berries, apple sauce, lemon juice and sugar of choice.
- Bring to a boil while stirring (uncovered).
- Reduce to a simmer, uncovered, and continue to stir occasionally.
- Leave it to cook down to about 1/3–1/4 of its original volume (around 45 minutes). It will thicken as it cools.
- Once you are close to desired consistency, have a taste and add more sweetener if needed.
- Transfer to a glass jar and store in the fridge once cooled.
- Will keep in the fridge unopened for two weeks, once open, consume within 8–10 days. Keeps in the freezer for months!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Condiment