- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup arrowroot flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cup grated carrots (or 2 cups sweet potato or 1 of each)
- 1 cup rice milk or almond milk
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup walnuts, ground
- 1/2 cup organic, non-irradiated, sustainabley grown raw pistachios (optional of course)
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Sift flours into mixing bowl. Mix in baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Grate the carrots. I use a food processor instead of grating them by hand.
- Add the carrots and the rest of the ingredients except for the walnuts to the flour mixture. Mix until “just mixed.” Last, mix in the walnuts and pistachios.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9x2 pan.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Category: Dessert