Welcome my love sweet loving Breakfast Television watchers, and all my daily readers! Not sure what time you might be catching this post, but I will be back later with our regularly scheduled Friday Goodness.
For now, you best be tuning in live on your TV for my 8:20 am appearance on Breakfast Television Toronto.
Jen and I were working away in the kitchen yesterday, when we got the call from a dear sweet producer asking if I might have plans for 6:30am. Other than a little sleeping, it looked like my schedule was free and clear. We got busy collecting and crafting goods to make on the show. The theme: Edible Beauty Care!
One of my most favourite things to cook up in the kitchen, and it happens to use most of the same ingredients I use for making my fave chocolates.
Here are the recipes from the show! Much of these goods can be acquired through your local health food store.
If you were watching the show and want to make what I made, here are the recipes.
See you back here at 11:00am for my regularly scheduled post. And if you're new here- don't be shy, have a look around!
Basic Body Butter
¼ cup cocoa butter
1 Tbs grated beeswax
2 Tbs coconut oil
1 Tbs olive oil
10 drops essential oil of choice
- In a double boiler, melt beeswax together
- Add in cocoa butter, coconut oil and olive oil
- Once melted together, stir in essential oil and quickly pour into storage container
- Seal and store in cupboard or fridge.
- Depending on the season, this blend will be harder or more liquidy. The more beeswax that is used, the more solid it will be.
Natural Deodorant Made Easy
5-6 Tbsp Coconut oil
1/4 cup baking soda
1/4 cup arrowroot powder or cornstarch
10-15 drops of favourite essential oil