I have a kitchen table! Like my own. In my own home. It's nice I tell you, it's nice. After three years of working where I live and living where I work, I have my own little apartment right nearby.
That kitchen table, by the way, was the very same table I had in my first apartment twelve years ago. It has been in my parents garage since 2003 and we cleaned it up and made it good as new. Want to know the best part about taking this table and now using it again? I don't have to hear my mom bla, bla, bla at me about storing it in their garage anymore. (And that amazing asparagus painting is by Elaine Clarfield Gitalis).
What does this mean to you? It means that I can now hold loads more awesometown classes at the Love In The Kitchen Headquarters, now officially entitled, ready for this, the Meghan Telpner Culinary Academy. BOOOYIZZLE FASHIZZLE.
And it means, after classes, I don't have to feel like I am curling up in a cubicle and going to bed. Most people didn't even know I lived there. My former bedroom is now the office and my main woman, Ms. Jen, now has a desk of her very own. We're growing up over here.
I thought I would take this friday post to highlight both the things that are making my week and also, down below, highlight some of the AMAZINGTOWN new services we are offering. And not to worry my far away lovers, distance programs are in the works.
1. This Sunset: Taken at my cottage on one of our evening canoe-dle adventures. Amazing right?
2. This Cinnamon Bun. I did not make this. The fine, whole food loving people over at Nourishing Meals did and I fell head over heals with this gluten and yeast free recipe that doesn't contain garbage vegan food like GMO oil cocktail products like Earth Balance, but it does have sweet potato in it. I haven't made it yet, but I will be creating my own version very soon. Hoping for a tomorrow, morning baking fun.
3. This Woman: Kristin Rugg Dovbniak of Cook Bake Nibble. Kristin is officially our resident chef and is offering the most amazing selection of one-on-one skills workshops. I am talking everything from knife skills, to how to use a variety of kitchen tools, working with spices, stocks and sauces... Check out the great and grand selection of private skills sessions here.
4. My Girl Crush: Jessi Arrington. We're soul mates. I'm kind of sure of it. I meant to share this ages ago, and am pretty sure I forgot. Watch. Be inspired. Wear colour!
5. Watch and Dance
Now, if you're still with me. As I mentioned up above, we have loads of new classes and services being offered this fall.
- Meghan's Favourites: where I highlight all my fave kitchen and lifestyle products. Scheduled one time only (so far) on Tuesday, November 1st.
- One-On-One Kitchen Coaching: Snazzy up your kitchen skills with our resident chef by your side!
- Personal Shopping With A Nutritionista: Come by the kitchen for a private guided shopping experience
- UnDiet Lifestyle Makeover with Meghan: A day with me, making over the whole kit and caboodle with coaching, shopping, cooking, eating, more coaching. It's like a full retreat worth of info in one day!!! (Very limited times available)
Upcoming Classes at a Glance
Tuesday, September 13: Veggie Loving Transition (3 spots left)
Thursday, September 15: Meal Prep Made Easy (2 spots left)
Sunday, September 18: Get Baked: Gluten-Free
Tuesday, September 20: One Pot Wonders
Thursday, September 22: 6 Week Complete Cooking Program (Sold Out)
Thursday, September 22: 10 Week Total Goodness Cooking Program (Sold Out)
Sunday, September 25: Eating For Awesome Energy
Tuesday, September 27: Elixirs and Herbal Medicine
Sunday, October 2: Smoothie Up, Juice It Down
Wednesday, October 5: Detox Made Easy
Wednesday, October 12: Keeping Breasts Healthy
Saturday, October 15: Raw Food Power
Sunday, October 16: Meal Prep Made Easy
Tuesday, October 18: Edible Beauty Care
Wednesday, October 19: Raising Healthy Eaters
Wednesday, October 26: Everyday Supplementation
Saturday, October 29: Elixirs and Herbal Medicine
Sunday, October 30: Sweet Tooth Healthy Treats
Tuesday, November 1: Meghan's Favourites
Wednesday, November 2: Use This, Heal That
Saturday, November 5: Get Baked: Gluten-Free
Sunday, November 6: Veggie Loving Transition
Monday, November 7: Blood Work Explained
Tuesday, November 8: Smoothie Up, Juice It Down
Thursday, November 10: 4-Week Flavours Of The World Cooking Program
Sunday, November 13: Foods For Healing
Tuesday, November 15: Raw Food Power
Sunday, November 20: One Pot Wonders
Wednesday, November 23: Meal Prep Made Easy
Have the most beautiful weekend ever! Get to your local market. Buy lots of local food. Make lots of beautiful creations. Tell me about it!
Much super love
Question Of The Day: What classes, courses, awesome learning are you treating yourself to this fall? (And I don't just mean my classes silly!)