A simple roasted vegetable side dish to accompany any protein or be added to a salad.
- 1 dozen carrots, parsnips or mix of both
- 1 lemon, juiced (about 1/4 cup lemon juice)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil or ghee
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, ground
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds, ground
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (or more to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut off tips and ends of carrots/parsnips and slice in half lengthwise. Place in mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, stir together lemon juice, oil, ground cumin and coriander, and sea salt.
- Pour marinade over vegetables and toss.
- Lay vegetables out in a single row on a parchment-lined baking sheet and drizzle any remaining marinade over top of them.
- Place in the oven and roast for 40-50 minutes, until veggies are lightly browned and crispy at the edges.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Category: Side Dish