A simple nut-free, vegan and paleo friendly soup that is full on flavour and light on work!
- 1 Tbsp ghee or coconut oil
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch of ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 carrots, coarsely chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 stalks of celery, coarsely chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 red pepper, coarsely chopped (reserve quarter cup for garnish)
- 3 cups water
- 2 stalks lemongrass, (cut off the bottom and bruise the stem by bending it or banging with the back of your knife on a cutting board – this helps it to release the flavour)
- 1 can full fat organic coconut milk
- Chili salt or plain sea salt
- Heat oil in your saucepan and lightly saute onion, garlic and ginger. Once fragrant, add carrots and celery. Let cook together for 5 minutes.
- Add water, lemongrass and coconut milk.
- Let simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Once carrots are fork tender and broth is fragrant with lemongrass, remove lemongrass and transfer to a high speed venting blender, or use an immersion to puree until smooth.
- Add chlli salt or plain salt to taste.
- Garnish with chopped red pepper.
- Serve hot.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Soup