A gluten-free Millet Rhubarb Muffin that can be enjoyed any time of day!
- ¾ cup gluten-free brown rice flour
- ¾ cup gluten-free millet flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp grated nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg or egg substitute (see below)
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 cups rhubarb, cut to 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 Tbs chia seeds, ground + ¼ hot water. Mix thoroughly and allow to sit for 10–15 mins until thickened
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Line muffin tin with liners (let’s aim for unbleached shall we?)
- Mix together the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix together wet ingredients.
- Mix wet intro dry, adding in the rhubarb.
- Scoop into muffin tin.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until the top is lightly browned and a toothpick, inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins