- 1/2 acorn squash
- 1/2 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1–2 Tbs water (as needed)
- sea salt and cayenne to taste
- Baking squash is easy. Preheat oven to 400 and cut the little guy down the centre. Remove the seeds, lightly rub with olive oil and place open side down on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 45 mins or until flesh of squash is tender (put a fork in it to test it’s softness).
- Scoop out the flesh of the squash and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Saute onion in olive oil until translucent and then throw in the squash. If things get sticky, add a little water to keep it clean.
- Add sea salt and cayenne to taste and savour the savoury goodness!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes