Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies with the perfect amount of crunch.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, softened
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 serving chia paste* (or 1 egg)
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 buckwheat flour (or spelt if gluten isn’t a problem)
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- 1tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- *Chia Paste- 1tbsp chia seeds, ground, mixed with 1/4 cup warm water.
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix together coconut oil, sugar maple syrup, vanilla and chia paste.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, oats baking soda and salt.
- Stir in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Using 1-2 tbsp of mixture, form into balls and flattery slightly and place in parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until golden.
I invite you to swap the chocolate chips and pecans for your fave cookie additions. Coconut flakes, goji berries, apricots, currants, cacao nibs- you name it, it goes. Just no store-bought fluorescent candy coated chocolates, okay?
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Dessert